Sunday, March 15, 2009

Last Day

Today is our last day in India. It's pretty heart-wrenching to be leaving here, and I can't believe the time is over. We've met so many great people, and seen and done so much. Kolkata became a sort of home away from home while we were here. But it is time to move on I suppose. I'm confident that, as hard as it is to leave, it will be good to be home once I get there (especially after the long and arduous flight process). I also have some great things to look forward to. Next week I will be starting a 10 week internship at Wollam Gardens, a cut flower farm in Norther Virginia, that I'm tremendously excited about. I think the people there and the work will be really good. After that Daniel and I will be working at Tree and Leaf, an organic vegetable farm, through the Fall.

For today I think we will do a bit more walking around, taking in what we can while we have to opportunity, and then eventually take a cab up to the airport. We fly out tonight at 8PM and get to Washington DC around noon tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment